Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Joker

When thinking of a song that takes me back in time, the first one that comes to mind is The Joker by The Steve Miller Band. Immeditately when I hear this song, it brings me back in time to every memory in New Hampshire as a kid camping. Ever since I was one years old, my parents have been taking me to an annual Pig Roast in New Hampshire and for some reason that song brings back the best images of being with my friends and family roasting marshmallows by the fire late at night. I think I was about 9 or 10 years old when I first can think back and remember everything that happened that year in New Hampshire. This song the parents played over and over again it seemed. They are an older band that was really popular when my parents were growing up so they all loved hearing it. I know every word to that song and the image of a huge fire burning by our tents sitting around in chairs just pops into my mind everytime. Even to this day, when I hear that song I think about the good times. I think that even as an adult in the future I will think of my childhood when I hear this memorable song. I remember especially dancing crazy with my friend Ashley, who's family comes with us every year, and just having a good time and eating way too many marshmallows and sneaking out of our tents at 3 in the morning into each others, when our parents think we are sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment